Why May You Need a Dental Crown?
Your Tampa dentist will recommend a dental crown if you have a tooth that:
- Has deep decay
- Has had root canal therapy
- Has a broken cusp
- Is severely chipped
- Is misshapen
- Is contributing to malocclusion
- Has a large filling
Over time, the force from biting, chewing, clenching, and grinding your teeth can lead to tooth damage. This is particularly true if the tooth already has a large filling, or your bite is out of alignment.
A dental crown in Tampa can protect the tooth, adding structure and strength so it can withstand bite pressure.
Signs You Might Need a Dental Crown
Here are a few indicators that a dental crown may be the right fit for you.
- Your tooth fractured
- You have a crack in your tooth
- You have experience cracked tooth syndrome (sensitivity to cold and bite pressure)
- You’ve had root canal therapy