Attention guys! When’s the last time you scheduled a dental appointment? Did you know that poor dental health leads to other medical conditions like prostrate issues, Alzheimer’s Disease, heart disease, or impotence?
If you find that your oral health isn’t as good as it should be, here are a few dental practices to keep in mind:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for a full two minutes to remove plaque and bacteria.
- Floss twice a day to remove plaque from the space between the teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Rinse using an alcohol-free mouthwash every day to kill germs.
- Chew sugar-free gum between meals to rinse away food particles and bacteria.
- If you’re a smoker, quit!
- Eat healthy foods, drink water, and exercise regularly.
- See your dentist. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible so your dentist can check the health of your mouth.
According to the American Dental Association, 86 percent of women brush their teeth twice a day, compared to only 66 percent of men who said they do. Men also changed their toothbrush less frequently than recommended by the ADA, opting for a new brush every five months rather than three.
Guys like to smoke cigars, cigarettes, and pipes. Some like to use dip and chewing tobacco which is gross and extremely bad for their oral health. Quitting tobacco and avoiding alcohol can protect your teeth and even save your life.
Here are a few conditions to be aware of:
- Gum disease. Bacterial plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth leading to bigger problems.
- Oral cancer.
- Dental fillings break down. Food and bacteria can get underneath them and cause decay deep in the tooth.
Talk to your local dentist on how to improve your oral care today!