With a new school year approaching quick, you’re running out of time to have a family vacation.
Just because you’re on vacation, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care about your oral hygiene. Don’t start skipping out on the brushing or flossing or “accidentally” forget your toothbrush!
Here are some great travel tips so you can show off those pearly whites around town:
- Schedule a family checkup BEFORE vacation. It’ll give everyone a piece of mind knowing that the teeth are okay and no procedures need to be done.
- In case of an emergency, have your dentist’s contact information on hand. Let them know you’re going out of town just in case you call with a dental 911.
- In case you’re traveling overseas, consult the U.S. Embassy or the hotel concierge. Let them know your situation and any recommendations they may have.
- A lot of people forget to pack their toothbrush. If you’re in a bind, rinse your mouth out with water to get rid of bacteria. You could also put some toothpaste on a clean washcloth and brush that way until you find a store.
- Pack your toothbrush in a separate plastic bag than the other toiletries.
- Chew sugarless gum on the flight to help with ear pressure and cavities – double bonus!
- Depending on where you’re vacationing, use bottled water to brush with.
- Get back to normal when you get home.
Enjoy your vacation!