Can you believe that school is starting up again? Where did the time go? It’s important to make sure the children have their annual dental checkup before the school year starts to get chaotic.
Regular dental visits help fight the most common dental problem in children: cavities. Prevention and early detection will help avoid pain, trouble eating, difficult speaking, and several school absences.
Make This the Best Year
- Plan: First, give yourself enough time to make an appointment, don’t rush things.
- Encourage dental habits at home: Second, show the children the proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Buy the good stuff: Thirdly, explain what lunches/snacks are good for their teeth.
- Have a model child: Fourth, do you have a child at home that has the most positive experiences at the dentist? Let them be a guide for their brothers and sisters.
- Keep cool: Lastly, no child enjoys going to the dentist. If they have ants in their pants, help them get through the visit instead of bolting for the door.
Healthy School Snacks
Here are some ideas the next time you’re grocery shopping:
- Low-fat yogurt with berries
- Sliced watermelon
- Crunchy veggies with dip
- Celery sticks with cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese and apples
- Unsalted almonds
- Hummus with whole grain pita triangles
Dr. Nick’s Kids Checkup
Did you know that Dr. Nick offers a $49 Kids Complete Checkup? It includes x-rays, exam, cleaning & fluoride application. This is not valid with other offers or prior services.
If you need to schedule your kids annual back to school dental exams, call Dr. Nick’s WHITE & healthy at 813.445.7162.