It’s summer! Which means it’s time to bust out the BBQ grill and have people over for a party. With July being National Hot Dog Month, it’s important to understand how it’ll not only effect your dental health, but overall health too.
Take your gums and teeth into consideration, especially if you suffer from gingivitis or a severe form of gum disease. We’ve provided a list of foods to watch out for and that may help you enjoy the summer!
Watch Out For…
- BBQ sauce and other condiments. First off, all the sugars and vinegar in sauces can damage the enamel on your teeth.
- Chips. Keep floss and toothpicks handy.
- White bread. Do NOT put your hot dog on a white bun.
- Pickled veggies. Vinegar and brine damage your teeth.
- Soda. Finally, sodas and juices are full of sugar. Consider drinking a cool glass of water instead.
Good Foods for National Hot Dog Month
- Instead of chips, have fruits and veggies for sides.
- Do you like cheese on your hot dog? Cheese and other dairy products are good for your teeth’s health.
- Onions help neutralize oral bacteria.
- Chew sugarless gum after your meal.
- Ginger helps you get over any indigestion.
Keep Your Smile Clean
In need of a dental exam? Then consider signing up for one of our sister company, Argus Dental & Vision, dental plans to get you started. The Argus Freedom Plan offers quality, affordable coverage for basic and specialty dental care. Members have the freedom to choose the best quality care, when they need it.
The Argus Master Plan offers quality, affordable dental care coverage for Florida residents. Plans start as low as $8.95 per month.
If you need a deep cleaning after all of those hot dog, contact Dr. Nick’s WHITE & healthy Dentistry TODAY for an appointment.