Summer is officially over and the children are back in school. Where did the time go?
It’s important to make sure the children have their annual dental checkup before the school year starts to get chaotic.
Regular dental visits help fight the most common dental problem in children: cavities.
Prevention and early detection will help avoid pain, trouble eating, difficult speaking, and several school abscenses.
So, what can you do to make this the best school year yet?
- Plan ahead: Give yourself enough time to make an appointment, don’t rush things.
- Encourage dental habits at home: Show the children the proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Buy the good stuff: Explain what lunches/snacks are good for their teeth.
- Have a model child: Do you have a child at home that has the most positive experiences at the dentist? Let them be a guide for their brothers and sisters.
- Keep cool: No child enjoys going to the dentist. If they have ants in their pants, help them get through the visit instead of bolting for the door.
Have a great school year!