So, you’re scheduled dentist appointment is coming up.
Have you been bad and not brushed and flossed as much?
That’s ok! It’s never too late to start.
However, if you want to make a great impression on your dentist and the hygienists, use these techniques before your appointment.
A quick once-over with your toothbrush won’t cut it.
According to the American Dental Association, this is the proper way you can deep clean your teeth:
- Squeeze a strip of toothpaste onto a soft-bristled brush.
- Start with the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle and gently brush.
- Focus first on the outside of your teeth and then do the backsides.
- Target the front of your teeth by brushing vertically.
- Reach back and brush all sides of each of your molars.
After you’re done brushing, it’s time to floss. Wind the floss around your pointer fingers and gently slide the floss between each space.
Finally, use mouthwash for the finishing touches. It will remove any lingering bacteria and ensure that you have fresh breath for your checkup.