Accidents happen. For some of the injuries, you’re able to postpone an emergency dental care until dentist until normal working hours.
Most Common Mouth Injuries
- Cracked tooth
- Broken tooth
- Knocked out teeth
- Sports-related injury
- A fall
- Some other accident
For example, biting into something that’s too hard. In addition, if there is a severe crack or large chunk of tooth missing, or even nerve damage, seek immediate emergency dental care.
My Tooth Was Knocked Out
Of course, try to move it around as little as possible. In other words, you can try to put the tooth back into a socket. To help with this, try to bite down on a wet tea bag or moistened gauze. Whatever you do, don’t swallow the tooth!
If you couldn’t put the tooth back in its socket, it’s time to call the dentist. They’ll want to clean it well to avoid any kind of infection.
What To Do Next
Therefore, call your local dentist during regular hours or leave them a message letting them know what happened!
Why Is Emergency Dental Care Important?
Indeed, toothaches are painful, we get it. However, it can be so severe that may even interfere with you getting to the dentist. Emergency dental care is an important service that offices thrive on.
Quick Ways to Relieve Tooth Pain
- Almond, vanilla, lemon extract or peppermint. Soak it on a cotton swab or Q-tip and then press on the pained area.
- Oils. Tea tree, nutmeg, sesame, oregano, or clove will work in a pinch. Apply the oils as we explained for the extracts.
- Leaves and roots. Plantain leaves, ginger roots, peppermint leaves, or garlic. Next, chew on the peppermint or plantain leaves to release anti-inflammatory agents. Lastly, take the piece of ginger and chew on it.
- Citrus. Limes and lemons are high in vitamin C and citric acid. However, they help destroy the bacteria and give your immune system a boost.
- Salt and hot water. Prepare your mixture and gargle for relief.
Finally, don’t wait if you’re in a lot of pain because it may just get worse if ignored. Above all, call your local dentist right away!