With Thanksgiving coming up, you need to make room for leftovers. This is a great way to throw old foods out and make room for healthier options. Not only will your body thank you, but so will your teeth! So, clean out your refrigerator and focus on getting better!
How to Clean Out Your Refrigerator
Need some cleaning instructions?
- First, empty each shelf.
- Second, wipe down the inside of the refrigerator.
- Third, wash drawers and underneath the drawers.
- Fourth, throw away all expired food.
- Fifth, vacuum condenser coils.
- Sixth, vacuum out under the refrigerator.
- Finally, restock shelves and drawers with good food.
Best Foods for Your Teeth
- Fresh, raw vegetables: add carrots, celery and cucumbers to your fridge.
- Crispy fruits: Apples and pears are a perfect snack!
- Cheese, yogurt: Dairy products are good for your teeth because they contain calcium which helps keep teeth strong and prevent tooth decay.
- Almonds, Nuts: Almonds are a great source of calcium and protein and are low in sugar.
Take Care of Your Teeth
Here are some tips that could help you:
Replace your toothbrush every three months or earlier if the bristles fray or flatten.
Floss before brushing: Flossing first makes brushing more effective by removing the particles of food that gets trapped between your teeth.
Minimize the intake of food that can stain your teeth: Every time you eat/drink something that may cause teeth discoloration, rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash or even water.
Talk to Your Dentist
Did you clean out your refrigerator? Were you surprised at all the junk? If you need additional tips on what foods your teeth like, contact Dr. Nick! He would be happy to keep your smile happy and healthy.