Did you know that smiling can benefit your health? That’s right! The act of smiling activates neural messaging that benefits your health and your happiness. Here are some benefits of smiling that will help you remember to smile more often:
- It relieves stress: The act of smiling releases endorphins that act as the body’s natural pain killers making us feel happier and less stressed!
- It’s a mood booster: A smile can influence your mood. Even If you are in a bad mood you can fake a smile and it will help you feel better.
- It makes you more approachable: Studies have shown that people that smile more often seem more approachable and are more willing to engage socially with others.
- It’s contagious: We all possess something called “mirror neurons”. When you see someone smile, your mirror neurons for smile fire up making you release a smile as an unconscious automatic response.
- It makes you look younger: The muscles that your body uses to smile lift the face, making you appear younger and radiant.
So next time you feel overwhelmed, try smiling, even if you don’t feel like it. It will make you and the ones that surround you feel better and heathier!